Every parent and friend of Cumberland Christian School is encouraged to do volunteer service at CCS. There are a variety of ways to volunteer. Parents especially enjoy participating in the classroom lives of their children. Sometimes parents can be physically present. At other times, due to having young children at home and/or a busy work schedule, being an at home volunteer may be more practical. Both types of volunteers are needed and necessary.
Here are just a few of they ways you can help.
CLASSROOM VOLUNTEERS can help by:
- Scripture Verses
- Victory Drill
- Math Mastery
Working with students:
- as they grasp academic concepts (example: learning to count back change at a "classroom store")
- as they do science experiments by being an EXPERIMENT PARENT
Being an extra set of hands for:
- Filing of papers in weekly folders
- Helping with special crafts
- A talent
- An area of knowledge
- Playing a musical instrument
AT HOME VOLUNTEERS can support the teacher by:
- Making phone calls
- Preparing crafts
- Cutting out laminated items
- Making learning centers
- Putting books on tape for students who learn better auditorily
- Contributing supplies for special events
Please contact Sara Bates, by e-mail email@example.com (reference "Volunteers" as the subject) or by calling the elementary office (extension 315), and indicate how you would like to help. Please feel free to identify additional areas in which you are talented that you feel may be of benefit.