I am looking forward to a wonderful and healthy school year. Here is some information to assist you and your child in regards to the health office.
My name is Debi Papperman, and I have been a school nurse for 13 years; before that I worked in Labor & Delivery. I am the mother of four boys & one grand daughter; my family & I live on a farm in Dennisville. I am available in my office from 8:30 until 3:30 on school days. The extension for my office is #317; and I do have voice mail, if you should choose to leave a message.
1. Each year all elementary children will have height, weight, blood pressure, vision, and a hearing screening done. In grades 6, 8, and 10, height, weight, blood pressure, vision, and Scoliosis screening are done. For 7, 9, and 11, height, weight, blood pressure and hearing are done. All 12th graders that have not had a sports physical will have height, weight and blood pressure checked. If they are having difficulty, you will be notified by letter. The state also requires a Scoliosis screening for grades 5, 7, 9. If you choose to have your child excused from any of these screenings, please submit a note requesting your child not be screened.
2. Please notify me of any new immunizations that your child has received so that his/her records may be kept accurate and up to date.
3. If your child develops a cold, please send him/her with tissues and cough drops. The health room does not have them.
4. If your child has been vomiting or has a fever the night before, DO NOT SEND him/her to school. You will be called to pick your child up when his/her Tylenol wears off and the fever returns. Please listen to your child before he/she leaves for school. If your child says he/she doesn’t feel well, check your child over before sending him/her to school.
5. If your child requires medication during school hours, please obtain the Medication Administration Form from my office for Drs. Orders.
6. If your child requires crutches, I must receive a doctor’s note stating the need. Do not send your child to school with crutches without a doctor’s note; the crutches will be taken away and you will be called. This is for your child’s safety!
7. If your child plays a sport the Sports Physical must be completed before he/she can start practice. The Sports Physical is due yearly. This is a State Law.
8. Please keep me informed of any changes in your child’s general health, as well as any changes in your emergency contact information.
Thank you for trusting your children with us, together we can make this school year GREAT!
With a Heart for your Children & Christ,
Debi Papperman, R.N.
Debi Papperman, R.N.