PTF-Parent Teacher Fellowship
August 14, 2017
Dear Parent of Cumberland Christian School,
We are currently looking for 3-4 CCS parents to join our PTF (Parent Teacher Fellowship) executive committee. The mission of the PTF is to partner with Cumberland Christian School in its Christian mission – “Reaching the Mind, the Heart, and the Hands for Christ.” Our purpose is to promote communication between the home and school by providing fellowship opportunities with teachers and parents. We do this by
- Supporting and promoting communication and fellowship between parents, teachers, students, and our board
- Recognizing, supporting, and blessing our teachers and staff
- Promoting parental involvement within the school and its various functions
Throughout the school year, the PTF sponsors various activities:
- Back to School Night for the elementary department and the middle school/high school department
- Our annual all school PTF bake sale in September during Parents’ Day
- An all school biannual Texas Roadhouse fundraiser and bake sale
- All school fall and spring fundraisers
- Refreshments and desserts for the annual National Honor Society Induction Ceremony
- CCS Family Fun Night in February
- Teacher Appreciation Week breakfast
- Refreshments during Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Lunch for middle school/high school students and teachers during Spiritual Emphasis Days
Our committee is responsible for sponsoring and volunteering at the above mentioned events and fundraisers, and we need your help. The committee consists of a group of parents and teachers who coordinate and plan current events and future events. We meet 3-4 times during the school year and once during the summer. During these meetings, we plan for scheduled events and brainstorm new and fresh ideas.
If you are interested in serving on this committee, please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allison Sweeney – PTF President
“And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men.” – Colossians 3:23
Thank you, CCS parents!
Because of your hard work and participation in our annual fundraisers, the PTF was able to purchase the following items:
- CCS Library: A new electronic book scanner and a new projector to be used in the library for the annual middle school fair projects and other special presentations
- CCS Rising Stars: Fluorescent classroom light filters that help reduce and soften the light for our students with special needs.
- CCS Faculty: A monetary donation towards new computers for all of the teachers.
- Room 105: The classroom’s carpet was replaced by a new VCC tiled floor
We could not have done this without our CCS families. We pray that the Lord continues to bless our school and their families this upcoming 2017-2018 school year.