Christian School Association
January 15, 2019
Dear Association Member,
We are blessed to see the Lord’s hand on CCS as we are entering 2019. Thank you for your prayers and support as we strive for our financial goals and seek enrollment growth.
On Thursday, January 31st, the first official meeting for this school year of the Association of the Cumberland Christian School, Inc., will be held. The following items of business are on the agenda:
- The approval of the budget for the 2019-20 school year, which will include any tuition changes.
- The nomination of three members of the Association to serve on the Nominating Committee for the selection of Board member candidates for the election to be held at the May Association meeting.
- A proposed Constitutional Amendment.
- The 2019-2020 School Calendar.
- Distribution of our Strategic Planning Survey.
- New educational opportunities available to our students.
- Casting of a vision for the future development of our facilities.
- How you can assist our Director of Admissions and Director of Development.
The meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 pm in room #405 of the Stratton Hall classroom wing. We are asking that at least one parent from every family be present. Bounce houses and babysitting will be available in the gymnasium. Your attendance is very important. We look forward to seeing you at this meeting.
Please be in prayer for this meeting that all decisions made will not only better Cumberland Christian School but will honor the Lord Jesus Christ.
In His Service,
President, Board of Directors
We invite you to become a member of the Christian School Association. This group of Christians believes strongly in Christian education and pledges to support the work of God at
Membership is not limited to school parents, but parents who have children of eligible school age should have their children enrolled unless a special exception has been granted. Members will receive a membership card, a written notice of all Association meetings, and a copy of all pertinent reports, such as the annual budget, newsletters, etc. Those over the age of twenty-one shall have the right to vote at the meetings of the Association as well as hold office.
Membership shall be opened to all who subscribe annually to the provisions of the Statement of Faith and the purpose of the CCS Constitution, who acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, and who have contributed ($25.00 minimum) financially to the annual budget during the current fiscal year. The school fiscal year is July 1 to June 30. The contribution must be received before a membership application can be approved. Membership closes on May 15 each year for that year. The membership year runs from July 1 through June 30.
Application for membership must be received five (5) working days prior to any association meeting so that it can be processed in time for participation in that meeting.