The following is a list of important reminders you should become familiar with regarding the health office and school policy. We are committed to helping your student have a healthy and successful school year!
Physical exams are required for all new students entering CCS. Sports physicals must be updated yearly in order to participate in that sport. It's recommended that physical exams be completed by your child’s physician during their milestone years. If your child has a physical record, please send it in to be put in his/her health file.
If your child has received any immunizations over the past year, his/her record must be updated, so please send in a copy of immunization records. All immunizations must be current by the start of school.
Your child will be screened for height, weight, vision, and hearing starting in September.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MEDICATION IN WITH YOUR STUDENT.
- All medications, prescription and over-the-counter medication (Re: Advil, Tylenol, Motrin, cough medicine, skin creams, etc.) require a written order from a licensed physician stating the name of the medication, diagnosis, dose, times to dispense, how often to give and any side effects. Written parental permission must also accompany the medication.
- All medication must be delivered by an adult in the original prescription bottle with the proper label. Pills can be easily misplaced or lost and picked up by another student. A prescription bottle with label can usually be obtained from your pharmacist for school use.
- All medication is to be picked up at the end of the school year by an adult.
- Cough drops must be accompanied by written parental permission for each occasion they are used in school. They must be sent in with your child and will be returned home after one week.
- Students are not permitted to carry medication themselves. NO MEDICATION IS ALLOWED TO BE SELF-ADMINISTERED WITHOUT A SPECIAL FORM FILLED OUT BY A DOCTOR.
- Parents/guardians may administer medication to their child at any time during the school day if needed.
Thank you for your attention to these matters. Please contact the nurse with any questions or
concerns, M-F 9:30-2:00 p.m. at (856) 696-1600, x317, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Respectfully, Becky Bird, RN
For any parent or guardian who is having difficulty obtaining a completed sports physical or school physical for his/her child for the 2019-2020 school year, Inspira Urgent Care can help. This is a walk-in facility open 7 days a week from 8am-8pm; the cost for a sport physical is only $20, and a school physical is the same price.
Here is a list of their 11 locations for the convenience of anyone needing their services.
East Vineland – 3722 East Landis Avenue, Vineland (856) 213–5900
Glassboro – 200 Rowan Boulevard, Glassboro (856) 582–1500
Haddon Township – 400 West Cuthbert Boulevard, Haddon Township (856) 559–4300
Laurel Springs – 1238 Chews Landing Road, Clementon (856) 545–9500
Mantua – 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Road, Suite 26, Sewell (856) 415–6188
Mullica Hill – 201 Tomlin Station Road, Suite B, Mullica Hill (856) 241–2500
Somerdale – 1 South White Horse Pike, Somerdale (856) 545–9610
Vineland – 1297 West Landis Avenue, Vineland (856) 507–8548
Washington Township – 372 Egg Harbor Road, Suite 4A, Sewell (856) 218–5900
Williamstown – 364 Cross Keys Road, Williamstown (856) 885–2600
Woolwich – 101 Lexington Road, Suite 530, Woolwich Township (856) 542–1300